Build-up is basically flakes that look like dandruff and weigh down; making your hair dull and greasier than normal.
What causes build-up?
Well, there are many causes for product build-up. Let’s go through them together:
- If you are using heavy buttery products.
- If you don’t rinse out your shampoo and conditioner well.
- If you use too many styling products and don’t distribute them well.
- If you use heavy oils and don’t wash them well.
How can you remove product build-up?
- You’ll need a safe clarifying shampoo or you can go for an Apple Cider Vinegar rinse (ACV)
- To do an ACV all you’ll need is Apple Cider Vinegar (obviously) and water.
- You’ll mix one cup of ACV with 2 cups of water, shake it well. Then you’ll apply it onto your hair and scalp and massage your scalp well for about 5 minutes. Then wash it off with water and condition your hair.
How often should I clarify my hair?
- We recommend clarifying your hair once a month but just listen to your hair. If you feel like your hair is dull and greasy on day 2 hair, then maybe you need to clarify.